• To treat you with respect and courtesy.
• To handle your legal matter competently and diligently in accordance with the highest standards of the profession.
• To exercise independent professional judgment on your behalf.
• To charge you a reasonable fee and to explain in advance how that fee will be computed and billed.
• To return your telephone calls promptly.
• To keep you informed and provide you with copies of important papers.
• To respect your decisions on the objectives to be pursued in your case, as permitted by law and the rules of professional conduct, including whether or not to settle your case.
• To preserve the client confidences learned during our lawyer-client relationship.
• To work with other participants in the legal system to make it more accessible and responsive.
• To exhibit the highest degree of ethical conduct in accordance with the Rules of Professional Conduct and the State Bar Act.